Sunday, October 24, 2010

Commercials

Recently in my Acting for T.V. and Film class, we started commercials. Each of us got to choose a script for a commercial and we had a chance to record it. My commercial is called The Accessory Spot. It was a good choice for me because I wear a lot of accessories and I like to shop at Claire's and Ardene. Since this commercial was about an accessory store, I decided to watch some commercials advertising their store.


Watching commercials helps you to understand how you should present a product or service. For example, if  you advertising about a special shampoo, then it is best to watch shampoo commercials such as Head & Shoulders, Pantene, or TRESemmé to get an idea on how to present your commercial. Also, I learned when doing my commercial, you have to sell it. You can't just stand there and talk about why you should shop here or buy this. You have to pretend as if you're persuading your best friend that what your advertising is the best thing that will ever happen to them. Another thing that's important for commercials is your props. You need props and logos for your commercial, especially if you are advertising a product. Without your prop, you will not be able to convince your audience to buy the product. Without your logo, no one will pay attention to the brand. Logos also help people to remember the product/service. Last but not least, the most important thing about doing commercials is MEMORIZING YOUR LINES. Lucky for me, I have a good memory so I was able to remember my lines the night before.


Doing commercials can be a bit of a challenge. Just as long as you are confident in what you are selling/advertising about. All you need to do is relax and have fun. After performing my commercial, I actually thought it was fun to do. Maybe I'll decide to do a commercial one day....

Live. Laugh. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment