Saturday, October 23, 2010

Branding-What is it?

In my Acting for T.V. and Film class, we got the opportunity to do branding. In my class, we were split into two groups. My group was Enigma Productions. The other group was Prolific Productions. Enigma means a mystery: something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained. To me, enigma means a inexplicable occurrence that requires thinking for its solution by uncracking the code.

For branding, we had to come up with the name of our group, our cooperate colors, mission and value statements, business cards and many other things to make us look like an legit company. During this process, some parts were easy, other parts were difficult. We had to also create a website, playbills, menus, and business cards.

On the day we presented, things were a little bit crazy. The audience had to wait a little bit due to technical difficulties. There was also a little bit of craziness backstage. We were trying to run around backstage, which was packed with all of our materials and food, getting people's orders. Some of the adjudicators and audience members  had to wait a few minutes for their tea due to the fact we had forgotten to boil water earlier and we had little amount of water to boil. Besides all the craziness that happened, we managed to put a smile on our faces and pretend that everything was fine and pull off an successful event. Prolific Productions did an amazing job as well.

The Branding process requires a lot of  work and effort. Our group took time to make sure this event was a success. My group members had a few arguments but in the end, we managed to put all our differences aside and make our presentation wonderful. In the end, our group was close to winning, but the other team won. After our presentation, I really didn't mind if my team won or if Prolific won. I was just glad that it was over and I got to experience something that I never did before. So now my class is Prolific Productions. Although branding is a tiring and hard working process, it is fun to do and I highly recommend people to try it.

Live. Laugh. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment